Monday, March 26, 2012

2012 Early Races

Its here finally. Off season always seems to take forever. The first few races things went well. I was happy with where my fitness was. This is the first off season since I started racing where I just kinda winged it. We had very focused training on the weekends with team rides on Saturdays. Then on Sundays we had Coach Colin spending Sunday mornings with us in the Compu training room at Sandpoint Cycle U doing very focused workouts.

KELLER ROHRBACK ROAD RACE:
This was the first race of the year and started earlier than normal. It was in late Feb down in Eatonville. I finished in the pack for 20th position.

Mason Lake #1
This is always classified as a crash fest but I think Sequim might have taken that title for the last few years. I took 15th in this race and felt I had the legs but I was in bad position. My teammate Todd took the win!

Sequim #1
Bad position again but finished 10th. This needs to be worked on. Big crash on the final sprint right next to me. Pile up with an innocent guy from Blue Rooster breaking his collarbone or maybe he dislocated his shoulder. Either way not good.

Sequim #2
A break got away with my teammate Todd. They got 3 minutes on us and he was able to take the sprint for another Win. I took 7th out of the bunch sprint for 17th overall.

Now we are caught up to this weekends races at IVRR and North Bend Criterium.

No comments: