Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thailand

I must say after The Tour of Walla Walla I was ready for a break. I did do Vance Creek Road Race on Sunday 4/25/10 and finished somewhere in the mid pack around 20th or so. Pretty similar to last years finishing position but I was tired and felt like a break from the bike was needed for sure. That following Tuesday Lindsay and I boarded a plane headed for Thailand. Her sister lives in Bangkok so we spent some time with her then went out to Campodia and did 3 days there touring Angkor Wat and Angkor Tom. Then we headed to Krobi and spent 5 days on the beach. Then flew back to Bangkok for another night before we headed back home. We did alot of flying but all in all it was one of the best experiences I have had.

Angkor Wat was amazing. These temples were built in the 9th and 10th century and the engineering and the amount of rock that was used to build these massive temples is mind blowing. I was very interested in hearing the history of it from our tour guide Chet and I wish that this stuff was taught more in school or atleast when I was in school. Cambodia also opened my eyes a bit and made me thankful that I live in the good ole USA. I wish we had the patience of these great people though. Same goes for Thai people too.
Anyways here are a few pictures to show off the great experience we had.








The detail was amazing especially since it was done in the 10th century



The Beach



No comments: