Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ice Breaker TT

Ouch!
I must say this time trial was much harder for me than the Frostbite TT last weekend. The course was the major factor in my struggles. It is a very twisty road and would be considered flat but does have some slight rises that made it difficult for me to maintain a steady speed and I was constantly shifting gears to keep my cadence up. It is a 10 mile course with 5 miles out with a turn around. My position on the bike still needs some work. I was moving around alot on the bike which was annoying when trying to get comfortable and in a rythm.

The place was packed full of racers and in my category 4/5 we had 111 starters. We had another great showing for Cycle University to with 18 racers. This was the last time trial I will do until I head to Walla Walla for the 2 day stage race in April. Hopefully by then I will be able to get my TT position fixed. The benefit of doing these races was huge though. I now know the course profile I prefer and also know I need more work on my position. My time was 24:39.7 good enough for 22nd out of 76 which was 2 minutes off of the winner. I am taking the positive approach to this as I feel I have atleast another minute in me if I can get myself sorted out on the bike. Plus I will have another month of fitness in my legs.


We will be rolling over to Sequim next weekend for the Tour de Dung race so stay tuned.

No comments: